SPAM Alert app
Restart your device :
Most issues are quickly resolved by restarting your iPhone. If you are having problems with SPAM Alert, try restarting.
Not sure how? Check this out . . .
Check for and install any updates :
We're always looking for bugs to squish, and it's possible that you've stumbled upon one that we've already destroyed. Launch the App Store on your iPhone and check to see if there is an update of SPAM Alert available for download. If there is, update it and check things out. Hopefully, you'll be set.
Deactivate, delete the app & re-install :
Sometimes, restarting and updating doesn’t help. If your problem persists, try deactivating SPAM Alert:
1) Open the app on your iPhone and tap the "Activate" card.
2) Tap the "power button" and deactivate SPAM Alert (you will be prompted to confirm this action).
3) Close and delete the app (Not sure how? Check this out . . .).
4) Return to the App Store & reinstall (free).
5) Open the SPAM Alert app and re-activate.
USING SPAM ALERT TO STOP MOBILE SPAM
Protecting yourself and your iPhone from mobile SPAM is easy with SPAM Alert.
Download SPAM Alert from the App Store, and you'll be protected in just 3 taps:
1) Launch SPAM Alert
2) Tap the "Activate" tab
3) Tap the "power button"
That's it. Your iPhone is now protected. Whenever the database detects any of the 900+ known SPAM numbers attempting to harass you, your iPhone will display the SPAM Alert warning. You can then silence or decline the call.
*SPAM Alert does not need to be running (in the foreground or background) to be notified of a SPAM call.
DOES SPAM ALERT HAVE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS?
Yes, it does. If you wish to opt-out of notifications, you can turn them off:
On your iPhone go to:
Settings App >> Notification Center >> SPAM Alert
WHAT DEVICES ARE COMPATIBLE?
SPAM Alert is available only for iOS.
It is compatible with iPhone 4 / 4S / 5 / 5C / 5S.
It requires iOS 7.0 or later and is optimized for iPhone 5.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE STILL GETTING UNWANTED CALLS
If an unwanted call makes it past SPAM Alert, you can report the number and our e-bots will add it to our massive database.
To report a new number:
1) Launch the SPAM Alert app on your iPhone.
2) Tap the "Report" tab.
3) Enter the mobile SPAM number and tap "Submit".
We'll verify the number is a known SPAM number and then add it to our growing database.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A SPAM OR WANTED NUMBER CALLS ME?
Our hope is that you're never harassed by mobile SPAM, but it's getting increasingly unlikely.
If and when a SPAM caller (in the installed database) calls your iPhone, you'll be presented with a clear, visual warning that it's SPAM:
Once you see that it's not a call worth taking, you can simply ignore it.
I CAN'T ACTIVATE SPAM ALERT BECAUSE IT SAYS "ACCESS DENIED"
In order for SPAM Alert to scan your incoming calls and warn you of potential SPAM, the app must access your Contacts.
When you first launch SPAM Alert, the app will ask for your permission.
If (by accident) you chose to initially deny access, SPAM Alert cannot override your decision. You, however, can.
On your iPhone, go to:
Settings App > Privacy > Contacts & switch on SPAM Alert's access.
Now, if you return to the ACTIVATE screen in SPAM Alert, you will be able to install SPAM Alert's screening system.
HOW DO I REPORT A BUG, AN ERROR OR ANOTHER PROBLEM?
HOW DO I INSTALL A NEW SERVICE PACK UPDATE?
1) Once you are notified that a new Service Pack is available, open your SPAM Alert App.
2) After SPAM Alert opens, it too will notify you that your database is out of date:
3) Tap "OK" and the ACTIVATE tab will automatically load.
4) Now, tap the "download" button:
5) You will be prompted to authorize the update & SPAM Alert will download and do the rest!